Sunday, May 22, 2011

“The three great elemental sounds in nature are the sound of rain, the sound of wind in a primeval wood, and the sound of outer ocean on a beach” -He

I miss the beach.





This past weekend was one of my bff's bachelorette party. Instead of doing the whole clubbing, wasted thing the night before we decided to go to the beach for a weekend. Fantastic idea. We rented a house and drove down saturday and chilled and played games, walked the beach, ran our mouths, spotlighted crabs, and got drenched in the rain. Then Saturday we got up and started a glee marathon, then walked to the shore to slum it at the beach. It was great just chillin with our butts in the sand and being tossed around in the freezing cold ocean. Then finishing our glee marathon and eating pizza and talking and laughing and just being together. We missed the Ashley's of course but other than their absence it was a perfect weekend. (side note, I went to the beach and did not come back as a lobster - this was a first!)

I'm sad that this was it. That was our last horrah before we are officially grown. Steph will be married in 2 freakin weeks!!!! Rosita will be in DC, 3 freakin hours away!!! and we'll all start going our own ways. I know high school I was overly optimistic about keeping in touch with friend, now I feel overly pessimistic. I can see everybody drifting apart and just sticking to phone calls on our birthdays. Even though I know this isn't really gonna happen I can see it happening so that makes me paranoid.

However as endings go, this is a very fantastic series finale. We have the graduation, the vacation, and the wedding - all we need is a baby and we have our selves a hit drama. However I'm quite sure this is one of those shows that say it's ending but the ratings are so awesome they have to make at least one more season - so really this is just a seasons finale disguised as a series finale - looks like I still have some hope left after all. Which is good because I suck at goodbyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment