Sunday, April 17, 2011

words, words, words

I love words, I can't spell to save my life and I usually butcher the pronunciation - but I like the vast amount of words - how each word is individual, each with it's own meaning and I like how some words form in the mouth and they're just fun to spit out. I like putting words together to form a sentence that speaks volumes. Sadly that's all I'm good at writing, individual sentences. Can't put them together and any editor/English freak would hate me but sometimes I crank out a good facebook status. :-)

No matter how much I love words, I definitely need to learn to filter my mouth. I constantly suffer from foot in mouth syndrome, often not realizing I've had an episode until hours or days, or weeks later. I especially fail to think when I'm excited or happy, it's like my brain shuts down and stupid remarks fall out without being processed. Even worse my memory is horrible so I often don't remember what I said - so when somebody makes an offhanded remark about what I said 'I'm like, woah my words are powerful enough to be noted' and 'crap I totally didn't mean it like that'. I'm sarcastic and opinionated and blunt. My hurtful remarks have diminished considerably but I still need to watch my words and actions, I don't want somebody to be hurt when I didn't mean it the way the they took it.

No comments:

Post a Comment