Friday, October 26, 2012

The One Where I'm Always Missing You.


I’m familiar with the void of the people I love not being in my everyday life, or even my every week. I can’t remember a time I didn’t miss someone. I mean it’s not like I was unhappy or walked around moping. It’s just that there has always been someone or rather multiple people, who weren’t involved in my life that should have been. And I feel left out when I’m not involved in their lives, I don’t get to share in the everyday moments, even if it’s just ranting about an awful day or laughing because your pants caught on a hook and ripped and an old guy hit on you … or was that just me? I think some of my favorite bonding is done over rants of bad days – however I am especially good at improving bad days – unless it’s my own.

Long distance relationships (as in friendships and family relationships) are especially hard for me, which is probably attributed to my memory. I am incredibly forgetful it’s awful (and I’ll have to tell you about it in another post) and I’m a terrible person to talk to on the phone, actually I’m a terrible person to talk to in general. I can answer questions but unless it’s a direct question I don’t offer up information voluntarily. Which my memory is a contributing factor, I forget what’s happened in my life that you might want to hear about. I’m better at writing … so I might start writing my missing pieces – and I’ll try to keep you updated on my blog … but it’s not happening well.

But another cool thing is once you’re my good friend, you’re my friend for life. Even if I don’t talk to you for say 4 years the second we meet up again it’s like we never left.

No comments:

Post a Comment