Sunday, April 22, 2012

Lazy Days of ... Life.

I will be the first to admit that I am lazy. I love this job because I don’t have anything to do. I mean sure, I have to set up shows and drive and take care of van issues and call ins and monthlies but compared to being swamped with homework and paperwork I’m all, “I have no reason to wake up.” This is both a good thing and a bad thing. A good thing because my life is stress free, bad because I waste my days away. It’s Saturday, I have no reason to roll out of bed, no reason to get dressed, no reason to not spend hours online, no reason to put the book down, and no reason to exhort effort. We’ve been staying with one of my mom’s friends quite a bit lately and she’s in her 50s I believe, and she is super busy. She always has plans and dates, she’s always saying “You girls are on your own tonight, I’m going to a concert.” Or going to NYC, or whatever she happens to be doing, “what do you have planned?” And Rebekah and I look at each other, both sitting on the couch with our computers watching a movie and surfing the web, “this is about it.” I like the quiet life and simplicity of it all. Don’t get me wrong I like to go out and do things – but I like lounging about as well. I like not HAVING to do stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment