Friday, March 9, 2012

Conundrum

I don’t know what to do with my life. My contract is up in May / June and I’m undecided as to whether I want to apply for another year or not. Usually my decisions are based on somebody else deciding for me, or bubble gumming it (or train#9). This being one of the bigger life decisions I’ve decided to ask you reader(s) to carefully review my pro & cons list and add your perspective.

Camfel
Pros
- A paying job
- Free rent & food & insurance
- I get to travel
- Varity
- No set schedule
- Easy, somewhat boring life
- I like setting up
- Random days off
- Meeting new people
- No real worries or deadlines
- I’d have another year to work on my ‘camfel’ goals
- Most hotels usually have a fitness room (not that I always use it)
Cons
- I miss my friends
- I can’t have a ‘real’ life
- I miss belonging to a church
- I miss real food.
- I’m tired of living out of van/suit case.
- I don’t want to HAVE to drive.
- I could end up with a crappy partner
- I could end up in LA again
- It’s another year away from my psych stuff
- Not paying to do laundry

Not Camfel
pros
- I can have a life (sort of)
- Friends
- Family
- I’d be able to find a more scheduled job … hopefully
- I could find a psych related job
- I could possibly find a higher paying job
- I’d be able to cook and bake real food
- pets
- church family
- run the lane
cons
- Back to job hunting
- I have to pay for gas/insurance/food
- No guarantee that I can find a job
- I’d have to decide where to live
- I could end up merchandizing again
- having an even worse job
- Back to crappy internet


Do you have anything that to add that will help me decide? Based on numbers alone it looks like another year with Camfel…

No comments:

Post a Comment