Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Headache Cures

Today I had a headache.
I tend to get horrible headaches; mind crunching, teeth scraping, agonizing migraines. I blame my mom. They come in different ways; it can be a dull ache, sharp pain, steady throb, intense pressure. It’s hard to describe the pain besides excruciating. Noise doesn’t bother me (unless it’s a sudden interruption of quiet) but light is like driving a javelin through my eye sockets. Especially when I’m driving at night, riding in a car with a headache is nauseous enough but headlights are unbearable. Try shining 4100 lumens of raw light power* in your eyes and slamming your head against concrete.

However, I have some tried and true cures to MY headaches
1. Caffeine (tea, coffee, soda, my favorite is a frappe because it has the ice element)
2. Ice cream (any flavor (coffee bonus) any form: cone, cup, milk shake)
3. Chocolate (any flavor any form (coffee ice cream with chocolate syrup))
4. Food (sometimes when I don’t eat I get headaches)
5. Drugs
6. Shower/ bath (hot or cold, mix of both p.s this is my dad’s cure all :P)
7. Running (if it’s a dull ache and I can run through the pain it usually goes away by the end)
8. Ice pack to the head (usually while laying on the couch)
9. Distractions (reading, movie, friends, funny YouTube videos, something that makes me smile)
If all else fails SLEEP! Cures it every time, and I mean real sleep not a bogus 30-minute nap, usually curled up in a ball with a cold compression attached to my head and my brain screaming out in misery, cursing my existence. In addition, don’t expect me to make sense, my speech becomes even more muddled and incomprehensible. I can listen to conversations but don’t expect me to participate, also I tend to forget and lose things. Basically if I have a headache, I get extremely discombobulated.




*This is the world’s brightest flashlight; it can melt plastic, burn paper, cook eggs, and toast marshmallows just so you know

No comments:

Post a Comment